It’s easy to build a talking website with Amazon Connect. But why would you want to do that?
The answer is that voice is the new browser. It’s easier, faster, more efficient, and less threatening than the traditional way.
Many websites are so dense with information that it’s like asking a user to read and search an encyclopedia. Voice browsing can help, but it’s not just for navigation. The visual aspect combined with voice makes it much more effective than one-dimensional bots that can only interact by voice or chat.
How It Works
Users call up a website on their phone and navigate the site by voice. It’s a regular phone call with normal dialing. The phone call stays up while users speak to the website, listen to the website, and see web pages delivered in their browser. As part of the navigation, the voice call can be transferred to any other phone destination — including a live person — depending on the circumstances.
Putting the Pieces Together
All the building blocks are already available in Amazon Connect. Amazon Lex and Polly provide the speech processing. The ChoiceView Lambda function visually delivers the web pages. Amazon estimates that developers already familiar with Amazon Connect can get up and running with ChoiceView in 5 minutes. ChoiceView runs in the AWS cloud and is inherently compatible with phone calls, business phone systems, contact centers, and voice platforms like Amazon Connect.
User Interface Wish List
- A regular phone call should be the basic access mechanism. A phone call is familiar to everyone and doesn’t require setup or training.
- No mobile app should be required. There should be no barriers for calling a website.
- Web pages should be displayed in a browser for backward compatibility with traditional websites.
- Access should be available via a smartphone or via a computer with any phone.
- Users should be able to start first with a phone call or start first at a website.
ChoiceView checks all the boxes.
Learn more about ChoiceView products and see how ChoiceView is dramatically and easily enhancing customer engagement. For a limited time, we’re providing free use of ChoiceView for Amazon Connect. “Now I see what you’re talking about!”™
Dr. Richard A. Davis, CTO